What a turnout! Our January meeting (on 3 Feb) was FABULOUS, despite a rocky start. (We were given the wrong key for the hall, or the right key for a hall we didn’t hire… ) So we started off with introductions and show and tell under the gumtrees of South Perth.
Is there a nicer way to start an Aussie Quilt meeting? Well, maybe add a glass of wine but we can do that another time!
McKenna kicked off the inside part of the meeting with an amazing lesson on hand-piecing.
Everyone had the opportunity to handpiece a Washington’s Puzzle block. Those who wish to donate theirs towards a PMQG charity block will bring them back finished sometime in the next few months.
Then we did a little ‘visioning’ to work out what 2013 should look like for PMQG. We asked people to discuss in groups:
- What are some of your 2013 Sewing Goals?
- What do you MOST want to get from being a member of PMQG? (eg. social opportunities, free-sewing time, learning opportunities, fabric)
- What sort of activities would you like to happen in PMQG this year (particularly ideas that would support your sewing goals)?
- How often would you like to have/attend open sewing days/afternoons? (eg. just at meetings, monthly whole afternoon, quarterly whole day…)
- Write down the page numbers of your favourite blocks from the book – one’s you’d most like to try.
On postit notes, we asked people to write down:
- techniques you’d like to learn/improve this year
- events/activies you’d like to do
- favourite blocks from the Modern Blocks book.
Everyone stuck their post-it notes on a door which was a great way of enabling everyone to see what ideas everyone had.
I’ll save the results of the brainstorming for another post. If you’re a member and didn’t make this meeting, we’d love to hear from you to add to our list! Please email us on email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Here are some more photos from the meeting. Looking forward to seeing everyone next time on 24 Feb – same place, same time!